What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Good used car mileage depends on the history of the vehicle as well as your driving habits. Something you want to keep in mind when searching is the vehicle’s repair history. This can also determine whether the vehicle, high mileage or not, is worth the purchase. Learn more about what to look for when buying used with us at Coastal Kia today.
What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
While monitoring mileage is important, you’ll also want to keep in mind the following factors when looking to buy a used car:
- Mileage – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic tends to show more wear than 75,000 highway miles. Be sure to ask about the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – A vehicle coming from a dry, warm area is bound to be under less stress than one from a cold, wet climate. Be wary of the climate the vehicle is from.
- Condition – Have a mechanic check the vehicle for issues to determine damage or another issue that could occur in the near future.
- Maintenance – What’s the maintenance history of the vehicle? Has it been well cared for? Were the tires rotated regularly? Any gap in the history could be a sign of potential issues to come if routine maintenance tasks were missed.
Mileage vs. Age
In some cases, a high-mileage car is a better option than a low-mileage vehicle. This depends on the wear, driving habits, and more. Take these variables into account:
- Cars that aren’t driven often may have higher repair costs.
- A vehicle with a consistent maintenance history is favorable to one with missed appointments.
- Cars with low mileage can sometimes have a premium.
Just because you’re buying a used model with higher mileage doesn’t mean you’re making a bad investment. Be sure to check all of the above and you’ll find a model perfect for you in no time. If you want a used model that’s guaranteed good quality, check into our certified pre-owned models.
Find Your Pre-Owned Model at Coastal Kia
Whether you want a pre-owned or certified pre-owned model, browse our inventory and used vehicle specials for a great deal on a quality car. We can even help you learn more about where Kia is made, finance a new or used model if you have bad credit, or find local destinations like the best beaches near Wilmington, NC. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Coastal Kia
Let’s face it – gas isn’t cheap. If you’re planning on putting a lot of miles on your next vehicle, you’re no doubt thinking about fuel economy. Maybe that’s why so many Leland drivers are raving about the Kia Soul gas mileage. We think the 2020 Kia Soul MPG EPA estimates are pretty impressive, too….
The Kia warranty is one of the best in the industry. Why would Kia be so generous with its warranty? The answer is simple. They stand behind the quality of their vehicles. Coverage begins with a 5-year/60,000-mile Kia bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile limited Kia powertrain warranty, but there’s more. You also get a 5-year/100,000-mile…
Drivers love Kia because their vehicles are reliable, fairly-priced, and loaded with standard features! However, we hear more and more of our neighbors asking, “Does Kia make a truck?” Although Leland and Carolina Beach pickup drivers have always had to look elsewhere, we now know that a new Kia pickup truck is already in development! We’re…