What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Good used car mileage depends on the history of the vehicle as well as your driving habits. Something you want to keep in mind when searching is the vehicle’s repair history. This can also determine whether the vehicle, high mileage or not, is worth the purchase. Learn more about what to look for when buying used with us at Coastal Kia today.
What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
While monitoring mileage is important, you’ll also want to keep in mind the following factors when looking to buy a used car:
- Mileage – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic tends to show more wear than 75,000 highway miles. Be sure to ask about the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – A vehicle coming from a dry, warm area is bound to be under less stress than one from a cold, wet climate. Be wary of the climate the vehicle is from.
- Condition – Have a mechanic check the vehicle for issues to determine damage or another issue that could occur in the near future.
- Maintenance – What’s the maintenance history of the vehicle? Has it been well cared for? This could be a sign of potential issues to come if routine maintenance tasks were missed.
Mileage vs. Age
In some cases, a high-mileage car is a better option than a low-mileage vehicle. This depends on the wear, driving habits, and more. Take these variables into account:
- Cars that aren’t driven often may have higher repair costs.
- A vehicle with a consistent maintenance history is favorable to one with missed appointments.
- Cars with low mileage can sometimes have a premium.
Just because you’re buying a used model with higher mileage doesn’t mean you’re making a bad investment. Be sure to check all of the above and you’ll find a model perfect for you in no time. If you want a used model that’s guaranteed good quality, check into our certified pre-owned models.
Find Your Pre-Owned Model at Coastal Kia
Whether you want a pre-owned or certified pre-owned model, browse our inventory and used vehicle specials for a great deal on a quality car. We can even help you finance a new or used model if you have bad credit, or find local destinations like the best beaches near Wilmington, NC. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Coastal Kia
Following the 2019 Kia Soul maintenance schedule intervals ensures that your Kia SUV continues to run smoothly, helps you avoid costly repairs, and prolongs the life of your Soul. Rely on the Coastal Kia’s service department to keep your Kia Soul in top shape. Contact Us More Info Every 7,500 Miles At this service interval, our…
Kia SUVs are popular among drivers from Charlotte to Brunswick for good reason. They’re safe vehicles with fuel-efficient power, affordable price tags, and plenty of safety features. Take a look at what comes with the different Kia SUV models to see which one is right for your family. New Kia SUVs for Sale 2019 Kia…
The 2020 Kia Telluride is already making waves, and Jacksonville drivers are curious to see what this model includes. The 2020 Kia Telluride interior has plenty of comfort and convenience features to make you want to hit the open road with the whole family. Find out more about the 2020 Kia Telluride interior in more…