What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Good used car mileage depends on the history of the vehicle as well as your driving habits. Something you want to keep in mind when searching is the vehicle’s repair history. This can also determine whether the vehicle, high mileage or not, is worth the purchase. Learn more about what to look for when buying used with us at Coastal Kia today.
Find Out Good Mileage for a Used Car
While monitoring mileage is important, you’ll also want to keep in mind the following factors when looking to buy a used car:
- Mileage – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic tends to show more wear than 75,000 highway miles. Be sure to ask about the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – A vehicle coming from a dry, warm area is bound to be under less stress than one from a cold, wet climate. Be wary of the climate the vehicle is from.
- Condition – Have a mechanic check the vehicle for issues to determine damage or another issue that could occur in the near future.
- Maintenance – What’s the maintenance history of the vehicle? Has it been well cared for? This could be a sign of potential issues to come if routine maintenance tasks were missed.
Mileage vs. Age
In some cases, a high-mileage car is a better option than a low-mileage vehicle. This depends on the wear, driving habits, and more. Take these variables into account:
- Cars that aren’t driven often may have higher repair costs.
- A vehicle with a consistent maintenance history is favorable to one with missed appointments.
- Cars with low mileage can sometimes have a premium.
Just because you’re buying a used model with higher mileage doesn’t mean you’re making a bad investment. Be sure to check all of the above and you’ll find a model perfect for you in no time. If you want a used model that’s guaranteed good quality, check into our certified pre-owned models.
Find Your Pre-Owned Model at Coastal Kia
Whether you want a pre-owned or certified pre-owned model, browse our inventory and used vehicle specials for a great deal on a quality car. We can even help you finance a new or used model if you have bad credit. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Coastal Kia
For a quick and affordable way to customize your Kia vehicle, visit the Kia Accessory store at Coastal Kia! Our comprehensive inventory of Kia parts and accessories has what’s needed to spruce up your Kia in no time. Take the drive from Wilmington and see how you can accessorize your vehicle, or check out our service…
One of the biggest concerns Wilmington area car buyers have is whether or not their credit score is good enough for the financing needed to purchase a used or new Kia vehicle. Your credit score can affect your APR or your eligibility to get financing. With that said, there are important things to consider if…
The 2019 Kia Soul sports many high-end convenience and comfort features inside a spacious, luxurious cabin with ample cargo space to allow for all of your cargo to fit on your next family road trip. When you’re ready to fully explore all the Soul has to offer, make the trip to Coastal Kia for a test…