What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Good used car mileage depends on the history of the vehicle as well as your driving habits. Something you want to keep in mind when searching is the vehicle’s repair history. This can also determine whether the vehicle, high mileage or not, is worth the purchase. Learn more about what to look for when buying used with us at Coastal Kia today.
What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
While monitoring mileage is important, you’ll also want to keep in mind the following factors when looking to buy a used car:
- Mileage – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic tends to show more wear than 75,000 highway miles. Be sure to ask about the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – A vehicle coming from a dry, warm area is bound to be under less stress than one from a cold, wet climate. Be wary of the climate the vehicle is from.
- Condition – Have a mechanic check the vehicle for issues to determine damage or another issue that could occur in the near future.
- Maintenance – What’s the maintenance history of the vehicle? Has it been well cared for? Were the tires rotated regularly? Any gap in the history could be a sign of potential issues to come if routine maintenance tasks were missed.
Mileage vs. Age
In some cases, a high-mileage car is a better option than a low-mileage vehicle. This depends on the wear, driving habits, and more. Take these variables into account:
- Cars that aren’t driven often may have higher repair costs.
- A vehicle with a consistent maintenance history is favorable to one with missed appointments.
- Cars with low mileage can sometimes have a premium.
Just because you’re buying a used model with higher mileage doesn’t mean you’re making a bad investment. Be sure to check all of the above and you’ll find a model perfect for you in no time. If you want a used model that’s guaranteed good quality, check into our certified pre-owned models.
Find Your Pre-Owned Model at Coastal Kia
Whether you want a pre-owned or certified pre-owned model, browse our inventory and used vehicle specials for a great deal on a quality car. We can even help you learn more about where Kia is made, finance a new or used model if you have bad credit, or find local destinations like the best beaches near Wilmington, NC. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Coastal Kia
The 2020 Kia Telluride is already one of the most recognizable SUVs on the roads near Leland. Although it’s best known for offering affordable luxury in a spacious three-row package, the Kia Telluride towing capacity and performance specs prove that this high-end Kia SUV has serious staying power. So, how much can a Kia Telluride…
Drivers near Carolina Beach and Jacksonville know that all-wheel drive can come in very handy in a pinch, and if you’re looking for a new car or SUV with Kia AWD, you’ll have a number of exciting options to choose from. Not sure where to start? Learn a little bit about the available Kia AWD SUVs…
Durable SUVs can be hard to come by, but Leland and Carolina Beach drivers can count on the 2019 Kia Sorento towing capacity to get the job done. Whether you’re looking for extra strength on the jobsite or support hauling a trailer or boat to your favorite spot, the Sorento comes with the power and performance…