What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Good used car mileage depends on the history of the vehicle as well as your driving habits. Something you want to keep in mind when searching is the vehicle’s repair history. This can also determine whether the vehicle, high mileage or not, is worth the purchase. Learn more about what to look for when buying used with us at Coastal Kia today.
What Is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
While monitoring mileage is important, you’ll also want to keep in mind the following factors when looking to buy a used car:
- Mileage – 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic tends to show more wear than 75,000 highway miles. Be sure to ask about the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – A vehicle coming from a dry, warm area is bound to be under less stress than one from a cold, wet climate. Be wary of the climate the vehicle is from.
- Condition – Have a mechanic check the vehicle for issues to determine damage or another issue that could occur in the near future.
- Maintenance – What’s the maintenance history of the vehicle? Has it been well cared for? Were the tires rotated regularly? Any gap in the history could be a sign of potential issues to come if routine maintenance tasks were missed.
Mileage vs. Age
In some cases, a high-mileage car is a better option than a low-mileage vehicle. This depends on the wear, driving habits, and more. Take these variables into account:
- Cars that aren’t driven often may have higher repair costs.
- A vehicle with a consistent maintenance history is favorable to one with missed appointments.
- Cars with low mileage can sometimes have a premium.
Just because you’re buying a used model with higher mileage doesn’t mean you’re making a bad investment. Be sure to check all of the above and you’ll find a model perfect for you in no time. If you want a used model that’s guaranteed good quality, check into our certified pre-owned models.
Find Your Pre-Owned Model at Coastal Kia
Whether you want a pre-owned or certified pre-owned model, browse our inventory and used vehicle specials for a great deal on a quality car. We can even help you learn more about where Kia is made, finance a new or used model if you have bad credit, or find local destinations like the best beaches near Wilmington, NC. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Coastal Kia
The 2022 Kia K5 successfully provides drivers with a car that’s as fun as it is functional. The new model leverages its spacious cabin, available contemporary tech, and robust performance capabilities to provide everything from a car that consumers want. Read our model overview of the new Kia K5 if you’re interested in learning…
Nowadays, every carmaker engineers a minivan, but the 2022 Kia Carnival MPV stands out thanks to near-flawless design concepts. Casual drivers and car enthusiasts alike have found their match in this minivan. Don’t miss out on the best features of the Kia Carnival MPV. Continue reading our model overview below. 2022 Kia Carnival MPV…
The everyday commuter. The growing family. The weekend wanderer. The 2021 Kia Seltos offers something for all of the above. Many SUVs give you a sense of confidence and security with improved performance and safety features, and this model is no exception. You’ll get all the information you need about the new Seltos below….